- Maine Joins the Electronic Registration Information Center
UC Report Offer Recommendations of AI Usage
The University of California (UC) Presidential Working Group on Artificial Intelligence (AI) recently released the Responsible Artificial Intelligence report sheds light on how the institution currently uses AI and includes recommendations on incorporating eight guiding ethical principles for UC's use of AI in its services.
- FCC to Hold Listening Session for Tribal Participation in E-Rate Program
- FCC Pledges $554M for Rural Broadband Deployment
Fed and SLG Data Experts Talk Importance of Security
Data experts Eileen Vidrine, chief data officer (CDO) at the U.S. Air Force, and Jeremy Wilson, multi-factor authentication statewide program manager for the State of Texas, gathered on Oct. 19 at the Dell Technologies North America Forum to share their insights on data protection measures and the importance of keeping data secure.
- Colleges Look to Eliminate Passwords to Improve Cybersecurity
Please join MeriTalk for a virtual program to highlight the new federal stimulus program and related funding that’s been provided from Washington to boost state and local IT efforts and hear how they will be applying those funds for modernizing legacy case management systems, expanding broadband, improving cybersecurity, mitigating fraud and other initiatives.
Illinois Improving Cyber Posture Through Emergency Management
As the cyber threat landscape continues to morph for entities at the Federal level, so too does it change for governments at the state, local, and tribal level. For the state of Illinois, adding cyber into emergency management and working closely with counties has helped to better prepare the state for cyber threats.
- Feds Need to Boost Focus on Data Privacy, Protection, Experts Say
- FCC Investing Another $1B+ in Emergency Connectivity Funding
- State Governments Continue to Rely on Mainframe Computing Despite Interest in Cloud
- NGA Partners With UMSL to Create GEOINT Talent Pipeline
MeriTalk Live: StateRAMP Filling Key Gaps for SLED Cloud Certifications
Following on the successes of the FedRAMP program that certifies cloud services as secure to use for Federal government agencies, the home-grown StateRAMP program is forging ahead with similarly vital services to state and local governments and institutions of higher learning, state, and industry leaders explained on October 5 during MeriTalk’s StateRAMP: Taking the On-Ramp to Secure SLED Cloud Solutions online event.
- Biden Signs K-12 Cybersecurity Act Into Law
- DWD Selects IT Provider for UI Modernization Effort
- NSF Invests in R&D for First-Responder Robots
- KSU Develops Virtual Reality Games to Teach Cyber Basics to K-12 Students