- 21st Century State & Local will not release any personally identifiable information to any third party or unauthorized staff member with the following exceptions:
- To facilitate any troubleshooting on a specific use element of the site only if identified by you in the use of the website. You will be informed before your information is released
- For the purpose of complying with Federal, state, and local statues
- When you submit personally identifiable information to us, we use your personal information to operate, maintain, and provide to you the general and personalized features and functionality of the 21st Century State & Local Website, and to process any flagging activity or correspondence you send to us
Your name (not your email address) is displayed to other users when you post comments on the 21st Century State & Local Website
We may use your email address or other personally identifiable information to send information of value to you without your consent, or as part of a specific program or feature for which you will have the ability to opt out
We use both your personally identifiable information and certain non-personally-identifiable information (such as anonymous user usage data, cookies, IP addresses, browser type, clickstream data, etc.) to improve the quality and design of the 21st Century State & Local Website and to create new features, promotions, functionality, and services by storing, tracking, analyzing, and processing user preferences and trends, as well as user activity and communications
Information That is Publicly Available
- Your name (not your email address) is displayed to other users when you engage in certain activity on the site, such as posting comments on a News article on the 21st Century State & Local website
- You may opt out of non-solicited email by selecting unsubscribe in any of the 21st Century State & Local email received in your designated email account
Third-Party Advertisers, Links to Other Sites
21st Century State & Local does not provide any personally identifiable information to these third-party ad servers or ad networks without your consent or except as part of a specific program or feature for which you will have the ability to opt out. However, please note that if an advertiser asks 21st Century State & Local to show an advertisement to a certain audience (for example, women ages 18-34) or audience segment (for example, men ages 18-24 who have viewed certain channels of content), and you respond to that advertisement, the advertiser or ad-server may conclude that you fit the description of the audience they are trying to reach. The advertiser may also use information regarding your use of the 21st Century State & Local Website, such as the number of times you viewed an ad (but not any personally identifiable information), to determine which ads to deliver to you.
For more information about our privacy practices, write to us at: 21st Century State & Local Privacy, P.O. Box 1356, Alexandria, Virginia 22313.